Initial Post Instructions
Part 1: Research & Review
Choose one of the con articles below to review and discuss with your classmates. If you have a different con article you would like to use, please discuss it with your professor in advance.
|Patient Portals||Wong, D. & Morgan-Lynch, S. (2017, December). Patient portals and young people: addressing the privacy dilemma of providing access to health information (Links to an external site.). Journal of Primary Health Care, 9(4), 240-243.|
|Cosmetic Surgery||Khunger, N. (2014, September). Risk assessment and prevention of complications in aesthetic surgery (Links to an external site.). Journal of Cutaneous & Aesthetic Surgery, 7(3),141-142. (Click on View record in DOAJ to access article.)|
|Cost of Cancer||Goldman, D.P. & Philipson, T. (2014). Five myths about cancer care in America (Links to an external site.). Health Affairs, 33(10), 1801-1804. (Click on Full Text Finder to access article.)|
|Surrogacy||Gullino, S. (2015, October). Surrogacy breaks the bond of motherhood (Links to an external site.). Ethics & Medics, 40 (10), 1-4.|
|Organ Donation||Shaw, D.M. (2017, July). The consequences of vagueness in consent to organ donation (Links to an external site.). Bioethics, 31 (6), 424-43.|
|Private Hospitalization||Natterman, J. & Rayne, P. (2017). The prisoner in a private hospital setting: What providers should know (Links to an external site.). Journal of Health Care Law & Policy, 19 (1), 119-147.|
|Workplace stress||Langille, J. (2017). Fight or flight…or fix? Employers must work with employees to address workplace stress (Links to an external site.). Canadian Journal of Medical Laboratory Science, 79(4), 26-29.|
Part 2: Application
Discuss how credible the source is using the CRAAP evaluation model. Detail as many of the 5 components as possible:
- Currency: How up-to-date is the resource? Why is the date of publication important?
- Relevance: How significant is the information in the resource to the topic? Is there a direct coalition to the subject matter? Is the source a primary or secondary source? What makes the source appropriate for an academic paper?
- Authority: What makes the source credible? What is the publishing body? What are the authors’ credentials? Provided info on both.
- Accuracy: Was the source peer-reviewed (how do you know?)? Were sources cited in the work? What makes the source reliable?
- Purpose: Why was this source created? What is its original intent (inform? persuade? entertain?). Did you notice any particular agenda or bias in the source?
Please use specific examples and cite your sources in APA format. Sometimes, we have to do extra research on the authors or publishing bodies. Those sources should be cited as well.
Part 1: Research and Review
Langille, J. (2017). Fight or Flight …or Fix? Employers must work with employees to address workplace stress. Canadian Journal of Medicine Laboratory Science, 79 (4), 26-29.
Part 2: Application
Currency: The information was published in winter of 2017. The date of publication is important because if the article is outdated for your topic, you are not providing the most recent evidence to your audience. In this day and time, we need articles like this one that we can apply to our everyday lives…Please click the icon below to purchase the full answer at only $5.