Read/review the following resources for this activity:
- Textbook: Chapter 1
- Minimum of 1 scholarly source (in addition to the textbook)
Initial Post Instructions
For the initial post, address the following:
- What is the value of studying the humanities in the field of health professions?
- How might a topic such as art, literature, music, dance, etc. from other time periods enhance your career and personal life in the present?
- Select one aspect of the humanities that is meaningful to your personal life and one for career. Explain how is each meaningful.
- In addition, include a specific example of a work (a specific work of art, literature, theater, or music) that you feel is meaningful to your personal life and/or career. Explain the connection.
Follow-Up Post Instructions
Respond to at least one peer. Further the dialogue by providing more information and clarification.
- Minimum of 2 posts (1 initial & 1 follow-up)
- Minimum of 2 sources cited (assigned readings/online lessons and an outside source)
- APA format for in-text citations and list of references
What is the value of studying the humanities in the field of health professions?
The study of humanities is a vast field that has numerous ways one can approach the subject. When it comes to relating humanities and the healthcare field, it can easily be viewed as irrelevant by those who do not know much about either one. The real truth is that humanities and sciences work together to enhance medical practice’s scientific and artistic dimensions (Fins, Pohl, & Doukas, 2013). Applying humanities in healthcare professionals’ education provides a better understanding of many situations by giving viewpoints from more than one perspective (Chamberlain College of Nursing, 2019). Healthcare professionals need to incorporate many different aspects to provide efficient, safe, and compassionate care…Please click the icon below to purchase the full answer at only $5.