Read/review the following resources for this activity:
- Textbook: Chapter 4
- Minimum of 3 scholarly sources (in addition to the textbook)
As part of the discussion this week, you made a brief exploration of a work of art to understand its subject, meaning, and intent. In this assignment, you will explore an artwork in more depth to consider the context in which it was created. Choose any painting, and address the following:
- Explain the artistic movement associated with the work of art.
- Describe the style of the artist (How is the artist unique within the movement?)
- Examine in some depth the influences that shaped the work. Address at least 2 of the following:
- Stylistic influences
- Subject/content influences
- Cross-disciplinary influences such as literature, philosophy, music, science, technology, etc.
- Historical influences
- Political influences
- Reflect on your learning.
- How did your research enhance your appreciation of the artwork?
- How does understanding the context of a work help in interpreting it?
Include the following in your paper:
- Name of the painting
- Name of the artist
- Date created
- Image of the painting
Writing Requirements (APA format)
- Length: 1.5-2 pages (not including title page, references page, image, or caption for artwork)
- 1-inch margins
- Double spaced
- 12-point Times New Roman font
- Title page
- References page (minimum of 3 scholarly sources)
Leonardo da Vinci’s “The Last Supper” is a mural painting that was created during the 1495-1498 period. It is a stroke of genius of the Italian High Renaissance movement. It is also among the best known woks of Christian art (Da Vinci, 2020). The painting illustrates the scene of the last days of Christ Jesus as it has been described in the Gospel book of John 13:21. Sitting at the table with his twelve disciples, Jesus had just declared that one of his followers would betray him. The picture is a depiction of the reaction of the twelve disciples to the assertion that one of them would betray Christ.
Although the painting looks like one of the many biblical arts that people have come across, it is indeed an exceptionally complex artwork with a lot of mathematical symbolism, dramatic focus as and psychological complexity. It makes this picture…
Please click the icon below to purchase the full answer at only $10