Read/review the following resources for this activity:
- Textbook: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
- Lessons: Week 1, 2, 3
- Minimum of 1 scholarly source (in addition to the textbook)
This week you will use your readings from the past two weeks as a point of departure to create your own artistic production and a reflection paper.
Part 1: Art Creation
Select one of the visual art pieces from Chapters 1-6 or the lessons from Weeks 1-3 to use as a point of inspiration. Create a painting, sculpture, drawing, or work of architecture inspired by your selected art piece.
Part 2: Reflection
Write a reflection about the relationship between your art production and the inspiration piece. Include the following in the reflection paper:
- Inspiration Piece
- Include image.
- Record the title, artist, year, and place of origin.
- Briefly explain the background of the inspiration piece.
- Your Art Piece
- Include image.
- Provide a title.
- Explain the background of your piece.
- Explain the thematic connection between the two pieces.
- How are they similar and different?
- Are they the same medium? How does the medium impact what the viewer experiences?
- How do the formal elements of design compare to one another?
Original Artwork Requirements
- Methods: paint, watercolor, pencil, crayon, marker, collage, clay, metal, or wood (Check with your instructor about other methods you have in mind.)
- No computer-generated pieces
Writing Requirements (APA format)
- Length: 1.5-2 pages (not including title page, references page, or image of artwork)
- 1-inch margins
- Double spaced
- 12-point Times New Roman font
- Title page
- References page (minimum of 1 scholarly source)
Painted by Italian, Leonardo da Vinci, the Mona Lisa painting is among the most famous art work in the world (Martin & Jacobus, 2018). It was painted between 1503-06. The Mona Lisa is arguably the most recognized art work created during the renaissance period. The portrait is thought to depict Lisa Gherardini, who was the wife of a wealthy Italian businessman, Francesco del Giocondo. Leonardo da Vinci used the style known as chiaroscuro which made his work the lifelike look and made them of high quality. Therefore, the Mona Lisa painting is a great inspiration to me and it will be considered in completing this assignment…Please click the icon below to purchase the full answer at only $10.