This week’s graded discussion topic relates to the following Course Outcome (CO).
- CO2 Analyze data from all relevant sources, including technology, to inform the delivery of care. (PO 2)
- Answer post due by Wednesday 11:59 PM MT in Week 1
- Two replies to classmates and/or instructor due by Sunday 11:59 PM MT at the end of Week 1
- Discussions are designed to promote dialogue between faculty and students, and students and their peers. In discussions students:
- Demonstrate understanding of concepts for the week
- Integrate scholarly resources
- Engage in meaningful dialogue with classmates
- Express opinions clearly and logically, in a professional manner
- Use the rubric on this page as you compose your answers.
According to Hebda, Hunter, and Czar (2019), nurses must develop knowledge and skills in health information and technology systems. I completed the AACN essentials informatics self-assessment and scored a total score of 31. Among the areas I got a good score included applying safeguards and information systems in support of a safe practice environment for both patients and staff, understanding the use of CIS systems in documenting interventions for attaining nurse-sensitive outcomes, and using standard terminologies in the care environment (American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN), 2008). I see opportunities for improvement…Please click the icon below to purchase the full answer at only $5.