This week’s graded discussion topic relates to the following Course Outcomes (COs).
- CO3 Define standardized terminology that reflects nursing’s unique contribution to patient outcomes. (PO 3)
- CO8 Discuss the value of best evidence as a driving force to institute change in delivery of nursing care. (PO 8)
- Answer post due by Wednesday 11:59 PM MT in Week 3
- Two replies to classmates and/or instructor due by Sunday 11:59 PM MT at the end of Week 3
- Discussions are designed to promote dialogue between faculty and students, and students and their peers. In discussions students:
- Demonstrate understanding of concepts for the week
- Integrate scholarly resources
- Engage in meaningful dialogue with classmates
- Express opinions clearly and logically, in a professional manner
- Use the rubric on this page as you compose your answers.
The selected option for this week’s discussion is Meaningful Use (MU). MU is the general term for the electronic health record (EHR) incentive programs by the Center of Medicare and Medicaid’s (CMS’s) that offer financial benefits to healthcare providers who use appropriate EHRs in meaningful approaches that benefit both the providers and patients. MU was included in law in the HITECH (Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health) Act (Hebda, Hunter, & Czar, 2019). The HITECH Act is purposed at modernizing and improving the U.S healthcare services. It does this by mandating the beneficial and effective utilization of the EHR systems and the electronic prescribing…Please click the icon below to purchase the full answer at only $5.