The purpose of this assignment is to demonstrate the skills of the professional nurse as an educator. You are to prepare a patient scenario based on the required assigned topic. You will choose an already developed and reliable mHealth app to use in the education of your patient.
Based on your accepted Milestone 1 assignment, use the information to identify three teaching areas to improve patient outcomes. You will also determine three ways to evaluate the success of the patient’s use of the mHealth app. You will need to provide the mHealth app reference in APA format.
The Course Project enables the student to meet the following course outcomes:
- CO1: Describe patient-care technologies as appropriate to address the needs of a diverse patient population. (PO1)
- CO5: Identify patient care technologies, information systems, and communication devices that support safe nursing practice. (PO5)
The entire project is worth 600 points. Milestone 2 is worth 225 points of this total.
Submit your completed NR361 Milestone 2 by Sunday, 11:59 p.m. MT, at the end of Week 4. You may consult the Policies section in the Introduction & Resources module for details regarding late assignments. Post questions about this assignment in the Course Q & A Forum.
Required Assignment Topic
Note: You will use the same scenario you developed and same mHealth app you identified in Week 2.
Requirements and Guidelines
- Download the required Milestone 2 Template (Links to an external site.). Save it to your computer with the file name: Your Last Name NR361 Milestone 2.docx.
- Briefly state the patient scenario from the Milestone 1 assignment.
- Include revisions, if required by Milestone 1 faculty feedback.
- Identify (3) teaching areas to improve patient outcomes.
- Information to be taught to the patient should include information about the mHealth app, safety guidelines, and how to interpret and act on the information that is provided. Remember to cite the mHealth app when appropriate in the Teaching Area (See template).
- Use bullet points
- Describe 3 ways you would determine and evaluate the success of the patient’s use of the mHealth app.
- Use bullet points
- mHealth app citation and reference in APA format. See placement of these on the template.
- You are required to complete the form using the productivity tools required by Chamberlain University, which is Microsoft Office Word 2013 (or later version), or Windows and Office 2011 (or later version) for MAC. You must save the file in the “.docx” format. Do NOT save as Word Pad. A later version of the productivity tool includes Office 365, which is available to Chamberlain students for FREE by downloading from the student portal at http://my.chamberlain.edu
- Carefully review the grading rubric criteria for Milestone 2 and type directly on your saved Milestone 2 Template.
- Use instructor feedback from Milestone 1 to improve your statements regarding the patient scenario in Milestone 2.
Directions: Carefully review Course Project Milestone 2 Guidelines and rubric requirements.
Name: ____ John Doe______________________
Define Approved Patient Scenario
The approved patient scenario is that of a 47-year-old Caucasian female patient who presents with complaints of increased thirst, increased urination, unexplained weight loss, and frequent urinary tract infections in the past 2 months. The patient, despite being successfully treated for UTI, still experiences the described symptoms. She has a family history of diabetes and hypertension (mother and father). She is a frequent alcohol consumer…Please click the icon below to purchase the full answer at only $5.