This week’s graded discussion topic relates to the following Course Outcomes (COs).
- CO4 Investigate safeguards and decision-making support tools embedded in patient care technologies and information systems to support a safe practice environment for both patients and healthcare workers. (PO 4)
- CO5 Identify patient care technologies, information systems, and communication devices that support safe nursing practice. (PO 5)
- Answer post due by Wednesday 11:59 PM MT in Week 4
- Two replies to classmates and/or instructor due by Sunday 11:59 PM MT at the end of Week 4
- Discussions are designed to promote dialogue between faculty and students, and students and their peers. In discussions students:
- Demonstrate understanding of concepts for the week
- Integrate scholarly resources
- Engage in meaningful dialogue with classmates
- Express opinions clearly and logically, in a professional manner
- Use the rubric on this page as you compose your answers.
What are the pros and cons of the situation in the case study?
One pro in this situation is that the patient is allowed access to her health data and information through the patient health record (PHR). The access is real-tome, safe, and secure. The PHR also allows the patient to communicate with her physician in real-time and share her concerns about the lack of all information in the PHR. The con in this situation is that the patient does not get access to all her health information from the PHR…Please click the icon below to purchase the full answer at only $5.