This week’s graded discussion topic relates to the following Course Outcome (CO).
- CO6 Discuss the principles of data integrity, professional ethics, and legal requirements related to data security, regulatory requirements, confidentiality, and client’s right to privacy. (PO 6)
- Answer post due by Wednesday 11:59 PM MT in Week 7
- Two replies to classmates and/or instructor due by Sunday 11:59 PM MT at the end of Week 7
- Discussions are designed to promote dialogue between faculty and students, and students and their peers. In discussions students:
- Demonstrate understanding of concepts for the week
- Integrate scholarly resources
- Engage in meaningful dialogue with classmates
- Express opinions clearly and logically, in a professional manner
- Use the rubric on this page as you compose your answers.
Negative impacts of personal communication devices in patient care settings
One key negative impact of PCDs is the distraction of caregivers by phone calls, text messages, social media, etc. This increases the risk for errors, and thus reduced patient safety. PCDs also reduce the quality of interpersonal relationships with patients (Hebda, Hunter, & Czar, 2019). Another negative impact is the increase in the risk of cross-infections in healthcare. Smartphones are dirty and are usually used, placed, and dropped in many dirty areas increasing the risk for bacterial infections (Conant, Elmore, Moore, Blake, Peacock, & Ward-Smith, 2020)Please click the icon below to purchase the full answer at only $5.