The purpose of this assignment is to promote introspective reflection related to leadership competencies which positively influence others and cultivate healthful working relationships. Students will reflect upon personal strengths and opportunities for enhancement with respect to leadership competencies, and implications of leadership competency in the selected are of MSN specialty practice.
Criteria for Content
Based upon readings and learning activities within the class lessons, reflect upon specific leadership-related competencies which you possess and leadership competencies where there is an opportunity for enhancement. Identify two specific areas of strength, and two areas for improvement. How will those competencies impact future practice as a MSN-prepared nurse in your specialty area?
In a two- to three-page reflective essay, address the following elements. Include a minimum of two peer-reviewed scholarly sources, current within five years, to support your work. See rubric for specific, required content criteria within each section of the paper:
- Provide an introduction to the reflective essay.
- Consider your personal leadership competencies
- Explain two specific examples of how leadership competencies will impact your practice in the selected MSN track.
- Provide a conclusion to the reflective essay.
Preparing the Assignment
Criteria for Format and Special Instructions
- Abide by the Chamberlain College of Nursing Academic Integrity Policy.
- Use Microsoft Word 2013 to create the reflective essay.
- The paper (excluding title and reference pages) should be at least two full pages in length and should not exceed three full pages in length.
- A minimum of two (2) peer-reviewed scholarly sources, current within five years, are required.
- Sources older than five years may not be used without the permission of the class professor.
- No direct quotes may be used in this assignment.
- Title page, pagination, subheadings, body of paper, citation of sources, and reference page must follow APA guidelines as found in the 7th edition of the manual.
- Rules of grammar, spelling, word usage, punctuation, sentence and paragraph structure are followed and consistent with formal, scholarly writing as noted in the APA Manual (7th edition).
- First person may be used for this assignment.
The MSN-prepared nurses can presume leadership roles, collaborate with other healthcare professionals, reform the healthcare system, expand these skills to focus on improved patient outcomes, and integrate evidence‐based practice and cost‐effectiveness approaches of care. I intend to identify my leadership competencies and how they will likely impact my practice in MSN as well as the weaknesses I need to improve.
As a qualified and experienced MSN-prepared nurse, I believe I possess several strengths and high-level performance. I am generally caring and advocate for patient-centeredness while interacting with patients, their families and colleagues. I support team development and empowerment to enhance employee confidence and participation (Gabra, Yousef, & Abood). In the collaboration process, I frequently pose as an equal member with other nurses and healthcare providers. The capability to incorporate and synchronize common…Please click the icon below to purchase the full answer at only $10.