- This paper will be graded on quality of information, use of citations, use of Standard English grammar, sentence structure, and organization based on the required components.
- Create this assignment using Microsoft (MS) Word, which is the required format for all Chamberlain documents. You can tell that the document is saved as a MS Word document because it will end in “.docx.”
- Submit to the appropriate assignment area by 11:59 p.m. MT on Sunday of the week due. Any questions about this paper may be discussed in the weekly Q & A Discussion topic.
- The length of the paper is to be no greater than three pages, excluding title page and reference page
- APA format (current edition) is required in this assignment, including a title page and reference page. Use APA level 1 headings for the organizational structure of this assignment. Remember that the introduction does not carry a heading that labels it as a level heading in APA format. The first part of your paper is assumed to be the introduction. See APA manual for details. See resource under the course Library Guide, “Guidelines for Writing Professional Papers.” Use the suggested format and headings to organize your assignment.
- Include introduction (do not label as a heading in APA format)
- Key Concepts of Strategic Plan
- Supporting Evidence
Preparing the paper
You are the nurse executive of a healthcare organization. To ensure the organization’s success, you must develop a strategic plan scenario to address the nursing shortage in an area of your choice. Please ensure no identifying names are used in your scenario.
- Clear introduction of your strategic plan in the introduction paragraph; including a sentence that states the purpose of your paper.
- Clearly articulate key concepts of your strategic plan, which include:
- stating whom will be involved in the strategic-planning process, their position or role within the organization, and your rationale(s) for including each member of the team.
Interview one person who is currently in the role of one of the persons you would include in your strategic plan process. Ask that person how they view their role in transforming healthcare and making a difference in the lives of patients and families. Include a copy of their curriculum vitae (CV) and a transcript of your interview (not included in the 3 page limit for the assignment); include email communications from you to the person, in the event you do not receive a response. Include all information from the interview as an addendum to your assignment; and
- using a SWOT analysis approach, discuss strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats you must consider internal and external to the organization. A table is acceptable if you prefer to use this format for your SWOT analysis information.
- State your top two priorities, based on your SWOT analysis, to address the nursing shortage for your organization from your strategic plan and discuss how these priorities relate to leadership and the Person-Centred Framework by McCormack and McCance (2017).
- Include of a minimum of three sources of scholarly, empirical evidence that support your strategic plan.
- Provide concluding statements for your overall assignment content.
- The paper will be three pages maximum, excluding title and reference page(s).
- Title and reference page(s) must be in APA format (current edition).
- Use 12 Times New Roman font and one-inch margins on all sides of the paper.
Strategic Planning: Nursing Shortage
Since the profession’s emergence in the medical field, the notion of nursing has been one of the most challenging aspects for both management and job description outline. According to the researchers, today’s medical paradigm generally struggles to provide nurses with the workforce fundamentals required for beneficial health care (Anupama, 2018). As a result, the rates of nursing retention tend to drop significantly due to the providers’ inability to ensure nurses’ professional growth and positive environment. Hence, the primary goal of the present planning is to provide a strategic plan for addressing the issue of nursing shortage in the health care organization from the perspective of a nursing executive. The crucial points of the plan include the SWOT analysis of the organization and the conclusions drawn from the interview with a health care leader.
In order to create a working strategy, it is of paramount importance to outline some of the major strengths and weaknesses of the organization discussed. Hence…Please click the icon below to purchase the full answer at only $10.