Students will complete a self-reflection assignment for the purpose of validating their personal progress and academic growth in NR 601. The goal for this activity is to engage the student in considering how their clinical abilities and professional growth are advancing
Reflect over the past seven weeks and describe how the achievement of the course outcomes in this course have prepared you to meet:
- MSN program Outcome # 5
- MSN Essential # VIII
- NONPF Nurse Practitioner Core Competency # 8
Chamberlain College of Nursing Program Outcome #5
Advocates for positive health outcomes through compassionate, evidence-based, collaborative advanced nursing practice. (Extraordinary nursing)
Masters Essential VIII: Clinical Prevention and Population Health for Improving Health
- Integrate clinical prevention and population health concepts in the development of culturally relevant and linguistically appropriate health education, communication strategies, and interventions.
- Design patient-centered and culturally responsive strategies in the delivery of clinical prevention and health promote on interventions and/or services to individuals, families, communities, and aggregates/clinical populations.
NONPF: #8 Ethics Competencies
- Integrates ethical principles in decision making.
- Evaluates the ethical consequences of decisions.
- Applies ethically sound solutions to complex issues related to individuals, populations and systems of care.
Students will reflect on each of the listed outcomes or competencies listed above individually and provide two (2) examples for each. Examples can be from course assignments or clinical experiences.
As a nurse as well as nurse practitioner pupil, advocacy is in the center of the nursing field. Nurse practitioner pupils (NPS) typically end up giving a much needed voice for the patients of theirs as well as the communities of theirs. Advocacy is a kind of compassion which fosters good results through correspondence tastes, protecting individuals from harm, collaborating with some other health experts, provide significant info for appropriate decision making, and also help support the voice of the individual in making appropriate alternatives of therapy.
2 examples which addressed the way the nurse practitioner pupil attained or even had contact with Chamberlain College of Nursing Program Outcome #5 include Weekly case and shadow Health studies. Shadow Health is an example which provided advocacy coupled with remarkable nursing to build good health results. The utilization of evidence…Please click the icon below to purchase the full answer at only $5.