Read/review the following resources for this activity:
- Textbook: Section 6; Integrative Questions for Section 6
- Minimum of 1 scholarly source
Initial Post Instructions
For the initial post, conduct an internet search and locate short video clips that provide examples that offer strategies for dealing with prejudice and discrimination. For example, you can look up and review the video A Class Divided (a PBS documentary). Then, address the following:
- What strategies are used to address prejudice and discrimination?
- How does the strategy vary according to the audience (e.g., children, adults, etc.)?
- Connect the strategies presented in the video to the strategies discussed in this week’s lesson or course reading.
- Offer examples of how your workplace or how the health care professions environment could develop strategies to improve communication barriers and compliance.
- Explain the value of self-awareness regarding your role in the healthcare profession by being able to recognize and manage diversity issues.
- What role does self-awareness play in addressing these issues?
- What policies or procedures does your workplace have in place to promote and encourage self-awareness of diversity?
- Can you make any recommendations for workplaces to highlight self-awareness as a value of importance?
Follow-Up Post Instructions
Respond to at least two peers or one peer and the instructor. Further the dialogue by providing more information and clarification. For example, examine the videos of your peers. What strategies seem effective to you? Which might be easy to implement? Which might be more difficult? Explain why?
- Minimum of 3 posts (1 initial & 2 follow-up)
- APA format for in-text citations and list of references
Right after locating the clip referenced under regarding techniques for combating prejudice in the office by Brown Consulting, it’s apparent that all of us use discrimination and prejudice with various sets of eyes through the conflict. All of us possibly have exactly the same conclusion concerning resolution of conflict with discrimination. The end goal of ours is recognizing the problem, handle the problem, and also think of methods to stay away from the prejudice in later dealings. The 3 major methods that Brown Consulting discovered for ways to cope with this problem would be the following: recognizing prejudice as undesirable, bringing the problem to the interest of the offender, and consulting together with the supervisor…Please click the icon below to purchase the full answer at only $5.