The purpose of this debriefing is to re-examine the experience completing the Week 2 iHuman wellness assessment assignment while engaging in dialogue with faculty and peers. In the debriefings, students:
- Reflect on the simulation activity
- Share what went well and consider alternative actions
- Engage in meaningful dialogue with classmates
- Express opinions clearly and logically, in a professional manner
This debriefing enables the student to meet the following course outcomes:
CO 2: Differentiate between normal and abnormal health assessment findings. (PO 4)
CO 3: Describe physical, psychosocial, cultural, and spiritual influences on an individual’s health status. (PO 4)
CO 4: Demonstrate effective communication skills during health assessment and documentation. (PO 3)
- Answer post due by Wednesday 11:59 p.m. MT in Week 3
- Two replies to classmates and/or instructor due by Sunday 11:59 p.m. MT at the end of Week 3
- Debriefing is an activity that involves thinking critically about your own experiences related to the virtual simulation you completed. Use the rubric on this page as you compose your answers.
- Scholarly sources are NOT required for this reflection
Use the following format to reflect on the Week 2 iHuman Wellness Assessment. This was the Luciana Gonzalez case.
- Paragraph One: What went well for you in the simulation? Provide examples of when you felt knowledgeable and confident in your skills. Do you feel the scenario was realistic? Why or why not?
- Paragraph Two: What would you do differently next time? Describe at least one area you identified where improvements could be made. Were you surprised by any of the feedback you were provided by iHuman? If yes, please explain.
- Paragraph Three: What did you learn from this simulation? Or, what did this simulation reinforce that you found valuable? Do you have any questions related to the scenario?
During this simulation, a lot of things went well for me. I was able to ask important subjective information, record my findings, conduct physical assessment and formulate nursing notes. During subjective data gathering, I to ask the orientation questions and perform nursing tasks such as washing hands, and closing the curtain for privacy. When recording my findings, I was able to read her lab results and found that she had a high level of Bacteriuria. During the physical assessment, I was able to use the sphygmomanometer for manual readings of the patient’s BP. I was also able to perform various physical assessments on the patient. I found the…Please click the icon below to purchase the full solution at only $5