The purpose of this reflection is for learners to reflect on the nurse’s role in health assessment in various care settings.
This reflection enables the student to meet the following course outcome:
CO 3: Describe physical, psychosocial, cultural, and spiritual influences on an individual’s health status. (PO 1)
- Answer post due by Wednesday 11:59 p.m. MT in Week 6
- Two replies to classmates and/or instructor due by Sunday 11:59 p.m. MT at the end of Week 6.
- Reflection is an activity that involves your deep thought into your own experiences related to the concepts of the week. Answers should be detailed.
- Use the rubric on this page as you compose your answers.
- Scholarly sources are NOT required for this reflection
Reflect on your current or prior practice experiences.
- Paragraph One
- Patients of any age, gender, cultural background or socio-economic status can be victims of violence. Consider a patient population you are currently working with or have worked with in the past. For what type of violence might they be at risk? What are some related findings that might alert you to investigate further?
- Paragraph Two
- Screening for signs of violence and abuse is a part of patient health history assessments. Have you observed the questions being asked by nurses or have you asked them to patients? Do you believe these screenings are typically completed in detail? Explain your answer.
Anyone can be a victim of violence, whether it is intimate partner violence, child abuse, elder abuse, rape, etc. I have personally witnessed many women, from adolescents to older women, suffer as victims of intimate partner violence and rape during my experience as a registered nurse. I believe any woman of any age is most at risk for both domestic violence and rape. Findings that alerted me of both types of violence on the cases I have seen are various stages of bruising all over their body, repeated ER visits with the same or similar injuries from repeated abuse, abnormal vaginal bleeding, broken bones, isolated behaviors….Please click the icon below to purchase the full solution at only $5