Reading, understanding, and appreciating original nursing research literature is essential for evidence-based practice (AACN, 2008; QSEN, 2020). This assignment provides a learning activity for students to read an original research study and complete a worksheet to demonstrate understanding of the study purpose, design, sample, data collection, analysis, limitations, conclusions, and the importance of reading research literature.
This assignment enables the student to meet the following Course Outcomes.
CO 1: Examine the sources of evidence that contribute to professional nursing practice. (PO 7)
CO 2: Apply research principles to the interpretation of the content of published research studies. (POs 4 & 8)
CO 4: Evaluate published nursing research for credibility and significance related to evidence-based practice. (POs 4, 8)
CO 5: Recognize the role of research findings in evidence-based practice. (POs 7 & 8)
Submit the completed RRL Worksheet by Sunday, 11:59 p.m. MT at the end of Week 6.
This assignment is worth 200 points.
- Read over each of the following directions, the required Reading Research Literature worksheet, and grading rubric.
- Review the following video which contains a tutorial for your Week 6 Assignment. Tutorial may look slightly different session to session. Grading criteria and rubric will be the same. Access the transcript via this link: Week 6 Assignment Transcript (Links to an external site.).Week 6 Assignment Tutorial: https://lms.courselearn.net/lms/video/player.html?video=0_jhxsfia6
- Download and complete the required Reading Research Literature (RRL) worksheet (Links to an external site.). This must be used.
- Your required article is available to you in an announcement: IMPORTANT: Assigned Article for Week 6 Assignment. Please go to your announcement to locate the required article assigned for this session.
- This assignment contains:
- Purpose of the Study: Using information from the required article and your own words, summarize the purpose of the study. Describe what the study is about.
- Research & Design: Using information from the required article and your own words, summarize the description of the type of research and the design of the study. Include how it supports the purpose (aim or intent) of the study.
- Sample: Using information from the required article and your own words, summarize the population (sample) for the study; include key characteristics, sample size, sampling technique.
- Data Collection: Using information from the required article and your own words, summarize one data that was collected and how the data was collected from the study.
- Data Analysis: Using information from the required article and your own words, summarize one of the data analysis/ tests performed or one method of data analysis from the study; include what you know/learned about the descriptive or statistical test or data analysis method.
- Limitations: Using information from the required article and your own words, summarize one limitation reported in the study.
- Findings/Discussion: Using information from the required article and your own words, summarize one of the authors’ findings/discussion reported in the study. Include one interesting detail you learned from reading the study.
- Reading Research Literature: Summarize why it is important for you to read and understand research literature. Summarize what you learned from completing the reading research literature activity worksheet.
Please click the icon below to purchase the full answer at only $10.