Read/review the following resources for this activity:
- Textbook: Chapter 7, 8
- Link (website): Articles of Confederation (1777) (Links to an external site.)
- Minimum of 1 scholarly source (in addition to the textbook)
For the initial post, address the following:
- Pick two (2) issues of the Articles of Confederation and describe the main problems that the United States was faced with under the Federation government.
- Analyze two major debates (see textbook Section 7.4) by which the Constitution was created in the summer of 1787.
Then, address one (1) of the following to your initial post:
- Discuss the ratification process of the Constitution of 1787.
- How did ratification lead to the formation of America’s first two political parties, the Federalists and Anti-Federalist?
- What were the major differences between the Federalist and Anti-Federalist, and who were the best-known members of each party?
Compare your selections and analysis of those selections with those of your peers. If they chose a different perspective, examine how yours are similar and/or different. If they chose the same perspective, build on their posts by providing additional information about the events that you have not already noted in your own post.
- Minimum of 3 posts (1 initial & 2 follow-up)
- APA format for in-text citations and list of references
Before the United States’ Constitution, the nation was guided by the Articles of Confederation. However, its effectiveness in government the vast territories proved to be limited by various issues. For one, the central government was considerably weak (Van, 2017). It was composed of a unicameral legislature. There was no national judiciary, president, or even an executive. Members of the unicameral legislature were selected by representatives of individual state legislatures. Even then, Congress’ powers were limited while the states reserved most powers. Secondly, Congress had no mandate to collect taxes (Van, 2017). This resulted in major implications for the country. The Continental Congress made several requests from the states for funds but the states were already operating on overwhelming ..Please click the icon below to purchase the full answer at only $5