Read/review the following resources for this activity:
- Textbook: Chapter 15, 16
- Minimum of 1 scholarly source (in addition to the textbook)
Initial Post Instructions
For the initial post, craft a response comparing the three (3) Reconstruction plans:
- Proclamation of Amnesty and Reconstruction (10% Plan) – Lincoln
- Andrew Johnson’s Reconstruction Plan
- Congressional Reconstruction Plan (Congress)
Then, address one (1) of the following for your selections:
- Analyze if the South should have been treated as a defeated nation or as rebellious states.
- Explain how the American culture and society changed in the North versus the South during Reconstruction.
- Analyze the impact of the Compromise of 1877 that ended Reconstruction on African-Americans.
Compare your selections and analysis of selections with those of your peers. If they chose different events, examine how yours are similar and/or different. If they chose the same events, build on their posts by providing additional information about the events that you have not already noted in your own post.
- Minimum of 3 posts (1 initial & 2 follow-up)
- APA format for in-text citations and list of references
There were numerous plans proposed with the objective of facilitating Reconstruction. One was Lincoln’s Proclamation of Amnesty and Reconstruction Plan. Lincoln sought to have rapid restoration of unity across the country at the expense of numerous calls to punish the Southern states (Guelzo, 2018). His plan provided amnesty for the states that proclaimed loyalty to the United States and federal laws, temporary exclusion of military leaders and high confederate officials, and states were allowed to elect Congress representatives and form new governments once a tenth of the voters had taken an oath.
Johnson’s reconstruction plan proposed mandatory abolition of slavery by southern states, pardon for states that agreed to take an oath and…Please click the icon below to purchase the full answer at only $5