Read/review the following resources for this activity:
- Textbook: Chapter 27
- Minimum of 1 scholarly source (in addition to the textbook)
Initial Post Instructions
For the initial post, consider three (3) of the following events:
- Treaty of Versailles
- Rise of fascism, militarism and imperialism
- Failure of the League of Nations
- Hitler and the Nazi Party
- The Lend Lease Act
- Japanese expansion and the bombing of Pearl Harbor
Based on your three selections, choose two (2) of the following and craft a response for your selections:
- Assess if the United States foreign policy during the 1930s helped to promote World War II. Could the United States have prevented the outbreak of World War II? If so, how? If not, why not?
- Explain if the United States, despite neutrality, aided the Allies against the Axis powers.
- Analyze if the use of atomic (nuclear) weapons to defeat enemies in war is a setback for democracy (President Truman’s decision to drop the atom bomb on Japan).
Compare your selections and analysis of selections with those of your peers. If they chose different events, examine how yours are similar and/or different. If they chose the same events, build on their posts by providing additional information about the events that you have not already noted in your own post.
- Minimum of 3 posts (1 initial & 2 follow-up)
- APA format for in-text citations and list of references
For this discussion, I opted to focus on the treaty of Versailles, Hitler and the Nazi party, and the rise of fascism, militarism, and imperialism. With these three in mind, I do not believe that the United States could have prevented the Second World War. The treaty of Versailles was established in 1919 (History.com Editors, 2020). The United States was one of the big four nations involved in creating the treaty. While its objective was to create a new world order, the other three sought to implement harsh conditions against Germany. The Germans were angered by the set terms and economic distress that followed the next two decades. Consequently, Hitler took advantage of this resentment and fueled nationalist sentiments (History.com Editors, 2020). The communist Nazi Party grew in power, the country restored its military power…Please click the icon below to purchase the full answer at only $5