The purpose of this reflection is for learners to reflect on current practice and the impact that nursing history has on their leadership and/or provision of care.
This reflection enables the student to meet the following course outcome:
- CO1: Describe persons and events in nursing history from the early years through the 19th century related to leadership and provision of care. (PO2)
- Answer post due by Wednesday 11:59 PM MT in Week 1
- Two replies to classmates and/or instructor due by Sunday 11:59 PM MT at the end of Week 1
- Reflection is an activity that involves your deep thought into your own experiences related to the concepts of the week. Answers should be detailed.
- Use the rubric on this page as you compose your answers.
- Scholarly sources are NOT required for this reflection.
Reflect on your current practice. How does nursing history impact your leadership and/or care provision? Please include specific nursing history persons or events in your reflection.
The history of nursing dates back to 300AD when the Roman Empire purposed to build a hospital in every town under its rule. Since then, there have been many advances in the field of nursing that have purposed to improve the quality of care that is given to patients (Judd, &Sitzman, 2014). These advances have shifted the nursing profession from purely taking care of bedside patients, to filling a wide variety of positions in healthcare and many different settings.
The main goal of nursing is to help people reach the ultimate state of wellbeing. Various wars helped nurses gain confidence in their skills and their abilities…Please click the icon below to purchase the full answer at only $5