The purpose of this discussion is for learners to explore academic integrity, crediting, and resources.
This discussion enables the student to meet the following course outcome:
- CO 4: Apply concepts of ethics and professionalism to nursing practice, nursing roles, and academic development. (POs 5, 6)
- Answer post due by Wednesday 11:59 p.m. MT in Week 2
- Two replies to classmates and/or instructor due by Sunday 11:59 p.m. MT at the end of Week 2
- Discussions are designed to promote dialogue between faculty and students, and students and their peers. In discussions students:
- Demonstrate understanding of concepts for the week
- Integrate scholarly resources
- Engage in meaningful dialogue with classmates
- Express opinions clearly and logically, in a professional manner
- Use the rubric on this page as you compose your answers.
Maintaining your own integrity as a professional nurse is an essential part of your career. Despite knowing the consequences for an academic integrity infraction, why do some students still falsify their work?
What are the most challenging APA formatting issues for you? Why do you find these areas so challenging? What resources will you use to overcome these challenges?
As described by Robinson and Glanzer (2017), academic integrity is the submission of own work for all course assignments. Deviation from academic integrity results in plagiarism or cheating, which has many ethical and legal consequences. Despite knowing the consequences of academic integrity infraction, the students still plagiarize due to various reasons. These include:
- Peer pressure from other students to engage in academic dishonesty through working together or splitting assignments when the policies of the course prohibit collaboration and to help friends to complete their assignments when it is not allowed.
- Performance anxiety. Some students cheat to avoid academic failure…Please click the icon below to purchase the full answer at only $5