The purpose of this assignment is to allow the learner to demonstrate good organization, appropriate scholarly writing, and correct APA format for preparing a professional paper.
This assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcomes:
- CO 3: Demonstrate effective communication and interprofessional collaboration in professional decision-making. (POs 3, 4)
- CO 4: Apply concepts of ethics and professionalism to nursing practice, nursing roles, and academic development. (POs 5, 6)
Sunday end of Week 4, 11:59 p.m. MT.
Late Assignment Policy
If the assignment is not submitted by due date, a late deduction will be applied. See rubric below.
- Carefully read these directions and the grading rubric below.
- Download the required template below under Template.
- Rename that template as Your Last Name Professional Paper Worksheet.docx. This must be saved as a Microsoft Word document (.docx). Save it to your own computer or flash drive in a location where you will be able to retrieve it later. Type your assignment directly on the saved document. Save your work often.
- View the Week 4 Professional Paper Worksheet Tutorial [LINK] (Links to an external site.).
- In the NR351 Announcements, locate the announcement entitled IMPORTANT: Assigned Article for Weeks 4 & 6 Assignments. In this announcement you will find:
- The link to the assigned article (you must be logged into the Chamberlain Library before clicking the link). Download this article in PDF format to your own computer for use in this assignment. Read the entire article once downloaded and saved.
- The location of the required sentence for the quotation and citation.
- The location of the required sentence for paraphrasing and citation.
- This assignment must use the required article and sentences stated in the announcement described above to complete the following items:
- Reference for the assigned journal article,
- Quotation with citation,
- Paraphrased area with citation, and
- Assigned article summary.
- Each of required items above is clearly described on the Professional Paper Worksheet Template. Page numbers for resources are provided on the template for your use.
- The Assigned Article Summary that you write must be 175-200 words. The Summary must contain at least one short quotation, several paraphrased areas, and appropriately formatted citations.
- When your Professional Paper Worksheet Assignment is completed, save and close the completed template. Click the Submit button at the top of this page to upload your completed assignment.
Professional Paper Worksheet Template [LINK] (Links to an external site.)
- Please use your browser’s File setting to save or print this page.
- Use the template provided. Points will be deducted for incorrect or no template used.
- Contact your instructor with any questions.
Scholarly Sources and Citations
- Cite and reference the required article in APA format
According to Nickitas (2020), the visibility of nurses in the media and the public’s understanding of the nursing profession, including its numbers, power, and influence must be increased. Nurses ought to fully prepare to engage journalists in their profession for the public to know more about the profession through education and also enhance the public’s trust(Nickitas, 2020).This will also help in addressing the biases about nurses and the profession in the media. The Nursing Economic$is helping by building larger databases, sharing stories, and journal copies to journalists, and pressing the use of the journal (Nickitas, 2020). Nurses can also help to increase their visibility in media by preparing lists of nurses skilled in media to speak with journalists, collaborating at work to enhance nurses’ skills in media usage, informing the public about the nursing profession and its contributions, encouraging other nurses, institutions,…Please click the icon below to purchase the full answer at only $5