The purpose of this assignment is to allow the learner to demonstrate good organization, appropriate scholarly writing, and correct APA formatting in writing a professional paper.
This assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcomes:
- CO 3: Demonstrate effective communication and interprofessional collaboration in professional decision-making. (POs 3, 4)
- CO 4: Apply concepts of ethics and professionalism to nursing practice, nursing roles, and academic development. (POs 5, 6)
Sunday end of Week 6, 11:59 p.m. MT.
Late Assignment Policy
If the assignment is not submitted by due date, a late deduction will be applied. See rubric below.
- Carefully read these directions and the grading rubric below.
- Download the required template below under Template.
- Rename that template as Your Last Name Professional Paper.docx. This must be saved as a Microsoft Word document (.docx). Save it to your own computer or flash drive in a location where you will be able to retrieve it later. Type your assignment directly on the saved document. Save your work often.
- View the Week 6 Professional Paper Tutorial [LINK] (Links to an external site.).
- In the NR351 Announcements, locate the announcement entitled IMPORTANT: Assigned Article for Weeks 4 & 6 Assignments. In this announcement you will find:
- The link to the assigned article (you must be logged into the Chamberlain Library before clicking the link). Download this article in PDF format to your own computer for use in this assignment. Read the entire article once downloaded and saved.
- The location of the required sentence for the quotation and citation.
- The location of the required sentence for paraphrasing and citation.
- NOTE: This is the same article used for the Week 4 Professional Paper Worksheet.
- This assignment must use the required article stated in the announcement described above to complete the following items:
- Title Page
- Explain that this paper is a summary of the assigned article
- Explain that the impact of the article contents on your own future practice will be presented
- Length of Introduction must be 50-75 words
- Assigned Article Summary
- Clearly summarize the major content of the assigned article. This should be an improved version of your Week 4 submission.
- One or two short quotations with citations (must include the assigned sentence for quotation)
- Several paraphrased areas with citations (must include the assigned sentence for paraphrasing)
- Length must be 175-200 words
- Impact of Assigned Article Content on Future Practice
- Clearly state how learning from the assigned article will impact your future practice
- Must be your own ideas about the impact of the article on your future nursing practice
- Use first person in this section
- No citations are needed in this section
- Length must be 125-150 words
- Write a concise summary of the main points of the paper
- Provide a concluding statement
- Length must be 75-100 words
- Reference for the assigned article should be a revised version of the Week 4 reference improved based on your instructor’s Week 4 feedback. Include the following:
- Article title
- Journal name
- Volume number
- Issue number
- Page numbers
- Double line spacing
- Hanging indent
- DOI if available
- Each of required items above is clearly described on the Professional Paper Template and Rubric (below on this page).
- When your Week 6 Professional Paper Assignment is completed, save and close the completed template. Click the Submit button at the top of this page to upload your completed assignment.
- Please use your browser’s File setting to save or print this page.
- Use the template provided. Points will be deducted for incorrect or no template used.
- Contact your instructor with any questions.
Scholarly Sources and Citations
- Cite and reference the required article in APA format
Nickitas (2020)examines nurses’ visibility in the public through media such as Television, print, radio, and social media. The author promotes a better understanding concerning the roles of nurses in enhancing their public image, the role of journalists, and the nurses themselvesin promoting their public image. The impact of the article is that it enlightens on the state of nurses in the public and my roles as a nurse in improving it.
Assigned Article Summary
The article discusses the role of social media in enhancing nurse publicity. Among the stakeholders mentioned in this are the journalists, the nursing economic journal, and the nurses themselves. Nickitas (2020) stresses that nurses need to work with journalists to enhance the public view and perception of nurses. The media is a key ingredient in promoting nurses’ visibility. Among the roles of journalists in promoting nurses’ visibility is public education in issues that face the healthcare systems and working with nurses to help in eliminating the biases and prejudices about nurses in the media. Also discussed is how nursing economics will help….Please click the icon below to purchase the full answer at only $10