The purpose of this course project is for learners to explore how living nurses are making nursing history, apply lessons from nursing history, and analyze the impact of this project on nursing history today.
This course project enables the student to meet the following course outcomes:
- CO2: Apply lessons from nursing history to today’s professional nursing practice. (PO4)
- CO4: Analyze the impact of nursing history on professional nursing roles today and in the future. (PO7)
Due Date for Phase 3:
Submit by Sunday at 11:59 p.m. MT at the end of Week 6.
Late Assignment Policy:
If the assignment is not submitted by due date, a late deduction will be applied. See rubric below.
The entire project is worth 600 points. Course Project Phase 3: Reflection Paper is worth 225 points of this total.
- After completing the Phase 2: Conversation with the Selected Nurse in Week 3, you may begin working on the Phase 3: Reflection Paper. The Phase 3: Reflection Paper will be due by Sunday end of Week 6 by 11:59PM Mountain Time.
- Download the Phase 3: Reflection Paper template below.
- View the Phase 3: Reflection Paper Tutorial (Links to an external site.)
- The Phase 3: Reflection Paper be a typed paper in APA format including:
- Double-spaced, font and type size consistent with APA manual
- Title Page adheres to Chamberlain and APA standards.
- Content and headings as below and on the rubric:
- Introduction (include Introduction content, but no heading)
- Reflection on Learning from Nurse’s Answers
- Insight Gained from Conversation Regarding Leadership, Provision of Care, and/or Evidence-Based Practice
- Analysis of the Impact of Nursing History on Professional Practice Today and in the Future
- Length: Approximately 3 double-spaced pages excluding Title Page; 800-1000 words required in the body of the paper.
- No outside sources will be used. No citations or references. No Reference page needed.
- Excellent mechanics of scholarly writing including spelling, grammar, structure, paragraphing, and punctuation.
- Submit Phase 3 assignment via Canvas by due date.
- Carefully review the directions, required template, tutorial, and rubric.
- Please use your browser’s File setting to save or print this page.
- Spell check for spelling and grammar errors prior to final submission.
- Use the rubric as a final check prior to submission to ensure all content is clearly addressed.
- Please reach out to your instructor with any questions as you prepare your assignment.
One approach to gain significant insights regarding a particular field is to conduct a conversation or interview with an experienced professional. In instances where the expert is open and willing to share his/her experiences, an individual is likely to gain an in-depth knowledge that could otherwise not have shared through other means. It is, however, crucial to pay attention to the speaker to avoid missing important details and also encouraging them to speak more by asking sensitive questions. That said, I managed to carry out a conversation with one of my role models, Tanaya. Having served for over 25 years in the field of nursing, Tanaya had a lot of experiences that I do recall up-to-to date. We had such a great interview that provided me with an opportunity to familiarize myself with some of the past nursing practices. As such, I will express some of my thoughts and insights made during the conversation between Tanaya and me.
What I learned from Nurses Answers
The thing that I vividly recall is the power of interacting with people, whether at school or in the workplace. When I asked Tanaya what was her favorite memories back in her school days, she recalled how she used to develop meaningful relationships with peers. She would lead others in organizing various nursing events. It is through these interactions that she sharpened her leadership skills—as such, becoming a leader may require an individual to create more…Please click the icon below to purchase the full answer at only $10