The purpose of this reflection is for learners to reflect on 19th and/or 20th century nurses and events and how one of these will best guide the student’s current practice.
This reflection enables the student to meet the following course outcome:
- CO2: Apply lessons from nursing history to today’s professional nursing practice. (PO4)
- Answer post due by Wednesday 11:59 PM MT in Week 6
- Two replies to classmates and/or instructor due by Sunday 11:59 PM MT at the end of Week 6
- Reflection is an activity that involves your deep thought into your own experiences related to the concepts of the week. Answers should be detailed.
- Use the rubric on this page as you compose your answers.
- Scholarly sources are NOT required for this reflection.
Reflect on 19th and 20th century nurses and events discussed this week. Which nurse or event from that time period will best guide your current professional nursing practice? Why?
Virginia Avenel Henderson is celebrated as one of the most famous nurses of the 20th century. She is credited with having created a theory of nursing that attempts to define the roles of a nurse in the healthcare industry (Jezierski, 2017). Her stellar performance in the nursing industry should inspire both new and experienced nurses. It is largely due to this reason that I chose her and what she did when working in the nursing industry as a guide for my nursing career. There is little doubt that trying to fit in her shoes is not going to be a walk in the park for me…Please click the icon below to purchase the full answer at only $5