The purpose of this discussion is for learners to consider one 21st century person or event significantly impacted nursing and healthcare.
This discussion enables the student to meet the following course outcome:
- CO3: Identify persons and events in nursing history impacting evidence-based practice from the 20th century and 21st century. (PO8)
- Answer post due by Wednesday 11:59 PM MT in Week 7
- Two replies to classmates and/or instructor due by Sunday 11:59 PM MT at the end of Week 7
- Discussions are designed to promote dialogue between faculty and students, and students and their peers. In discussions students:
- Demonstrate understanding of concepts for the week
- Integrate scholarly resources
- Engage in meaningful dialogue with classmates
- Express opinions clearly and logically, in a professional manner
- Use the rubric on this page as you compose your answers.
Select one person or event in 21st century nursing that had the greatest impact on evidence in professional nursing practice. Explain your choice and the impact on healthcare.
One of the most important aspects of the nursing profession, and which has a profound impact on modern-day nursing and that of the future has something to do with how this profession began. That said, most people think of the nursing profession as having begun with the activities of a British Upper-Class lady called Florence Nightingale. For starters, Florence Nightingale is credited for being the founder of modern-day nursing. In as much as the nursing profession has evolved with the time since it was first founded by Florence Nightingale, most of the practices of this lady remain relevant today and will be in the future…Please click the icon below to purchase the full answer at only $5