The purpose of this discussion is for learners to analyze lessons from the past that apply to the future.
This assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcome:
- CO4: Analyze the impact of nursing history on professional nursing roles today and in the future. (PO7)
- Answer post due by Wednesday 11:59 PM MT in Week 8
- Two replies to classmates and/or instructor due by Saturday 11:59 PM MT at the end of Week 8
- Discussions are designed to promote dialogue between faculty and students, and students and their peers. In discussions students:
- Demonstrate understanding of concepts for the week
- Integrate scholarly resources
- Engage in meaningful dialogue with classmates
- Express opinions clearly and logically, in a professional manner
- Use the rubric on this page as you compose your answers.
What lessons from history have we learned as a profession that will take us into the next century? What can we do to help this happen? What should we avoid?
One of the most important aspects of the nursing profession, and which has a profound impact on modern-day nursing and that of the future has something to do with how this profession began. That said, most people think of the nursing profession as having begun with the activities of a British Upper-Class lady called Florence Nightingale. For starters, Florence Nightingale is credited for being the founder of modern-day nursing. In as much as the nursing profession has evolved with the passage of time since it was first founded by Florence Nightingale, most of the practices of this lady remain relevant today and will be in the future. …Please click the icon below to purchase the full answer at only $5