The purpose of the iCARE Paper assignment is to explore the concept of interprofessional teams and patient outcomes. Nursing supportive actions of compassion, advocacy, resilience, and evidence-based practice will serve as a way to apply care concepts.
This assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcomes:
- CO1: Applies principles of nursing, theories, and the care philosophies to self, colleagues, individuals, families, aggregates and communities throughout the healthcare system. (PO#1)
- CO6: Plans clinical practice activities that integrate professional nursing standards in accordance with the Nursing Code of Ethics and the American Nurses’ Association (ANA) standards of practice. (PO#6)
The assignment is worth 200 points.
Submit your completed assignment by Sunday end of Week 5 by 11:59 p.m. MT.
- Please review the infographic as way to guide you in getting started with your assignment: Developing an Assignment with Integrity (Links to an external site.)
- View a short tutorial with tips for completing this assignment: iCARE Paper Tutorial (Links to an external site.)
- Getting Started: Interprofessional teams are part of practice trends we see developing in all aspects of care delivery. Consider you own work environment (or recent clinical setting).
- For this assignment, consider the concept of interprofessional teamwork and patient outcomes.
- Look to your current workplace as an example. (If you are not currently employed, look to a past workplace or clinical practice area.)
- Apply the components of the iCARE concept to interprofessional teams in a short paper. (Body of the paper to be 3 pages, excluding the title page and references page)
- iCARE components are:
- C ompassion
- A dvocacy
- R esilience
- E vidence-Based Practice (EBP)
- How could you contribute to an interprofessional team and patient outcomes through nursing actions of: compassion, advocacy, resilience, and evidence-based practice?
- Select one scholarly nursing article from CINAHL as a resource for your paper.
- Additional scholarly sources can be used but are optional.
- When searching in the CINAHL database, please limit your search word to one component of the paper you wish to emphasize, such as ‘Resilience’. Searching for the term iCARE will not produce the results you need.
- Elements of iCARE paper
- Title page
- Below are the headings to be used for this assignment.
- Introduction: (No heading needed here in APA) Explain the type of work setting you are discussing and whether interprofessional teams are currently present. If interprofessional teams are present, indicate a team function that could be improved. If interprofessional teams are NOT present, indicate what type of team you think might be possible in the setting.
- Describe a nursing action item for each component below that could contribute to: interprofessional team support; how this might impact the culture of your unit or organization; and possible impact on patient outcomes.
- Evidence-Based Practice
- Summary: Include a summary statement of how iCARE components can support interprofessional teams and patient outcomes. Address how you may be able to influence this process of support for interprofessional teams overall in your unit or organization.
- References: List any references used in APA format.
The prepared paper template is RECOMMENDED for this assignment.
iCare Assignment Template (Links to an external site.) – APA 6th edition
iCare Assignment Template (Links to an external site.) – APA 7th edition
- Please use your browser’s File setting to save or print this page.
- The template provided is recommended.
- Spell check for spelling and grammar errors prior to final submission.
- Use the rubric as a final check prior to submission to ensure all content is clearly addressed.
Scholarly Sources and Citations
- Use APA format for citations and references.
- Please paraphrase throughout. One short quote is permitted.
I am currently working in a psychiatric care setting. To deliver effective patient care, healthcare professionals must communicate and collaborate effectively. As described by Reeves, Pelone, Harrison, Goldman, and Zwarenstein (2017), interprofessional collaboration is the coordination and the cooperative approach towards patient care delivery. The fundamental goal of interprofessional collaboration is to help healthcare professionals, especially nurses and physicians to deliver the best care. The interprofessional function to be improved is care coordination with healthcare professionals in other units. Through this assignment, the interprofessional nursing actions contributing to compassion, advocacy, resilience, as well as evidence-based practice (EBP) in patient care delivery are discussed.
Patients suffering from mental illnesses require significant levels of compassionate care, that is, the creation of therapeutic and meaningful interactions with our patients to achieve connectedness and a sense of presence. The nursing action to foster compassion via interprofessional collaboration is a therapeutic presence in that, the healthcare professionals, especially nurses, are always within the patients’ reach throughout. In our unit, we demonstrate compassion to all our patients every day. We understand that persons with psychiatric illnesses usually experience difficult moments which even aggravates further with the increased stigmatization towards them. We always try our best to allow our patients space, time, and comfort they need to share their struggles with their mental illnesses. This improves the culture of not only the unit but also the healthcare organization, leading to improved health outcomes, including improved recovery and faster recovery….
Please click the icon below to purchase the full answer at only $10