This week’s graded topic relates to the following Course Outcome:
CO8: Selects evidence for best practices when planning professional nursing care involving systems, processes, and devices for individuals, families, aggregates and communities. (PO#8)
- Answer post due by Wednesday 11:59 PM MT in Week 7
- Two replies to classmates and/or instructor due by Sunday 11:59 PM MT at the end of Week 7
- Discussions are designed to promote dialogue between faculty and students, and students and their peers. In discussions students:
- Demonstrate understanding of concepts for the week
- Integrate scholarly resources
- Engage in meaningful dialogue with classmates
- Express opinions clearly and logically, in a professional manner
- Use the rubric on this page as you compose your answers.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Division of Informatics and Surveillance website contains a number of resources nurses could innovatively incorporate in care delivery. The CDC Wonder site could be utilized by nurses in a number of ways. https://wonder.cdc.gov/ (Links to an external site.)
For this discussion you will:
- Identify one of the resources at the CDC Wonder site above and describe how a nurse might use this information in practice.
- How might nurses utilizing telehealth benefit from these resources?
- Address what you find innovative about the link.
- Feel free to share some of your nursing innovation ideas!
The CDC Website is an integrated information and communication system designed for public health. It promotes information-guided decision making by timely shared important facts and resources from the CDC to the public health professionals (including researchers) and the general public (CDC wonder site, 2020). Among the resources provided include data on public health concerns such as cancer, mortality, vaccinations, HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis, census data, and births, etc. Nurses use this information in nursing practice to identify the populations at risk and develop effective population and community health interventions e.g. vaccinations programs for communities at risk for vaccine-preventable diseases. Nurses who use telehealth experience many benefits of the CDC wonder site. These include…Please click the icon below to purchase the full answer at only $5