This week’s graded topic relates to the following Course Outcome (CO).
CO5: Develops a plan for continued personal and professional development through enrollment in graduate education, continuing education programs, certification attainment, professional reading and participation in professional organizations’ and service to the community. (PO#5)
- Answer post due by Wednesday 11:59 PM MT in Week 8
- Two replies to classmates and/or instructor due by Saturday 11:59 PM MT at the end of Week 8
- Discussions are designed to promote dialogue between faculty and students, and students and their peers. In discussions students:
- Demonstrate understanding of concepts for the week
- Integrate scholarly resources
- Engage in meaningful dialogue with classmates
- Express opinions clearly and logically, in a professional manner
- Use the rubric on this page as you compose your answers.
Now that each one of you is very close to completing this major accomplishment in your nursing career, please share your professional development plans to keep up to date in your chosen specialty and nursing in general.
- In what professional nursing organizations do you currently participate?
- What organizations might you think about participating in for the future?
- What nursing certifications are you considering?
- How might consideration of continuing your education to pursue a graduate degree fit into your future plans?
Professional nursing organizations contribute significantly to the growth and development of nurses. The organizations I have signed membership into are the American Nurses Association (ANA). I plan on joining the American Psychiatric Nurses Association (APNA), the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN International Council of Nurses (ICN) and the Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing. Working in the psychiatric unit had gotten be interested in specializing in caring for psychiatric patients and I believe that joining these organizations will give me golden opportunities to advance my career, for instance, continued education (CE) opportunities…Please click the icon below to purchase the full answer at only $5