Read/review the following resources for this activity:
- Textbook: Chapter 10 (Review Chapter 8, 9)
- Minimum of 6 scholarly sources – at least 2 for Judaism, 2 for Christianity, & 2 for Islam (in addition to textbook/lesson)
In a well-composed essay, complete the following:
- Introduction: Clarify briefly what this essay will accomplish.
- Develop a timeline showing the historical relationship among Judaism, Christianity and Islam’s beginnings. Indicate their geographical connections, founders, and any divisions within each religion.
- Choose one element from the following list: the nature of god, the nature of Jesus, holy books, or salvation. Analyze your chosen element by demonstrating the similarities or differences among the three religions regarding your chosen element, using specific examples.
- Examine at least two challenges that affect how all three religions currently relate to each other. Give an example of each challenge to support your observation. Further, define globalization and discuss how globalization helps or hinders this current relationship. (You can find a very good video on globalization in Week 8).
- Conclusion: Bring your essay together by reflecting on what you learned and how it might help you in your profession going forward.
Your paper should include headings for each segment, including the introduction and conclusion, and thoughtful examples and analysis in your body paragraphs.
In addition to outside sources, make sure to reference your textbook and/or lesson.
Writing Requirements (APA format)
- Length: 1000-1200 words (not including title page or reference page)
- 1-inch margins
- Double spaced
- 12-point Times New Roman font
- Title page
- References page (Cite textbook/lesson and a minimum of 6 outside scholarly sources.)
- Page or paragraph for in-text citations
This activity will be graded based on the W7 Assignment Grading Rubric.
Course Outcomes (CO): 2, 3, 4, 5
Due Date: By 11:59 p.m. MT on Sunday
Judaism, Christianity, and Islam are collectively referred to as Abrahamic religions. Most people think that Abrahamic religions are very different. However, it would be good to note that these three religions have a couple of things that they have in common. For many years, these three religions have been receiving a lot attention from various quarters in the society. For instance, they have been receiving attention from scholarly circles. They are among the biggest religions in the world. Bearing all the elements about these religions in mind, there is need to look at their notable differences, challenges, and common beliefs. In connection to this, this paper will explore these three religions, and will their similarities and differences.
Historical Relationship between the Three Religions
Judaism, Christianity, and Islam are generally referred to as Abrahamic religions due to their shared origin. Followers of the three religions have a common belief that God made a covenant with Abraham. According to Peters (2018), these followers believe that, through …Please click here to purchase the solution at $10