The purpose of this assignment is to reflect on achievements in this course based on three criterion: Program Outcome, MSN Essential, NONPF Core Competency.
Activity Learning Outcomes
Through this assignment, the student will demonstrate the ability to:
- Reflect on personal and professional growth toward achieving competence as a family nurse practitioner (CO3).
Due Date: Assignment must be submitted by Saturday 11:59 p.m. MT of week 8. Nothing can be accepted AFTER the Week 8 deadline when the course closes.
Total Points Possible: 50
- Choose one (1) MSN Program Outcome, one (1) MSN Essential, and one (1) NONPF Core Competency from the list below:
- MSN Program Outcome
- Provide high quality, safe, patient-centered care grounded in holistic health principles.
- Advocates for positive health outcomes through compassionate, evidence-based, collaborative advanced nursing practice.
- MSN Program Outcome
- MSN Essential
I. Background for Practice from Science and Humanities
VIII. Clinical Prevention and Population Health for Improving Health
IX. Master’s Level Nursing Practice
- MSN Essential
NONPF Core Competencies
Scientific Foundation Competencies
These competencies ensure that nurse practitioners graduate with a comprehensive background in medical sciences. All nurse practitioner students are required to take foundational pathophysiology and pharmacology, but depending on their specialty, they may take additional courses. Psychiatric nurse practitioners often take courses in neuroscience whereas neonatal nurse practitioners take courses in neonatology. Scientific core competencies also include knowledge and understanding of clinical practice guidelines, evidence-based practice, translational research, and treatment of vulnerable and diverse patient populations.
The scientific foundation core competencies defined by the NONPF include the following:
- Thinks critically about data and applies this evidence to improving practice.
- Allows knowledge from the humanities and other disciplines to inform one’s work in nursing.
- Incorporates research findings to enhance practice methods and patient outcomes.
- Creates fresh evidence-based approaches and techniques, paying thought to research findings, core theory, and experience from practice.
Quality care, as defined by the NONPF, refers to the degree to which health services increase the desired health outcomes consistent with professional knowledge and standards. Quality competencies focus on understanding how to access and use information databases and how to critically evaluate research findings.
The quality core competencies include the following:
- Applies the best and most contemporary research findings to clinical practice.
- Considers the complex relationships between cost, safety, access, and quality in healthcare delivery.
- Assesses the effects of organizational structures, financial management, policy, and other factors on healthcare.
- Offers feedback in peer reviews to “promote a culture of excellence.”
- Tailors care to each practice situation and uses interventions as necessary.
Practice Inquiry Competencies
Practice inquiry competencies focus on translational research, i.e., taking academic research and applying it to the clinical setting. These competencies ensure that nurse practitioner students understand how to apply research to improve their patients’ health outcomes.
The practice inquiry core competencies include the following:
- Translates new knowledge into practice through leadership.
- Uses clinical experiences to inform practice and improve patient outcomes.
- Applies investigative abilities in a clinical setting to improve healthcare.
- Facilitates practice inquiry, both individually and in partnerships.
- Transmits knowledge from inquiry to others.
- Thinks critically about the individual applications of clinical guidelines.
2. Reflect over the past eight weeks and describe how achieving the course outcomes have prepared you to meet 1 program outcome, 1 MSN essential and 1 NONPF competency.
3. Provide a specific example for each category.
Preparing the paper
- The written portion of this assignment is to be completed in a WORD document (.doc) and submitted to the course.
- Grammar, punctuation, spelling should be observed. In-text citations and reference page should follow APA format.
- Assignments will not be accepted once the course closes in Week 8.
MSN Program Outcome: Advocates For Positive Health Outcomes Through Compassionate, Evidence-Based, Collaborative Advanced Nursing Practice
I achieved this outcome through week 1 discussion and week 7 discussion. In both the discussion, I searched for the most recent evidence to inform patient care. Through these two scenarios, my knowledge of advocating for patient wellbeing was enhanced. For instance, to inform the diagnostic methods and the medication to be prescribed, I used evidence, which ensured that appropriate medications were prescribed. The ground topics also provided an opportunity to review evidence to inform the assignment and recommend the treatment based on efficacy from the evidence.
MSN Essential: Clinical Prevention and Population Health for Improving Health
This course has enhanced my knowledge of health promotion and prevention. Through week 1 discussion, the treatment option and the patient education…Please click the icon below to purchase full solution at $10